If you are considering a boating holiday for the first time we understand the prospect may be a little daunting, so we have put together some useful information for novice boaters:
- No previous boating experience is necessary, full training will always be given on arrival.
- Narrowboats sleep a maximum of 12 people, including babies and toddlers.
- Dogs are welcome on the majority of our narrowboats, some will accept other pets too- we’ve even had a tortoise and a duck!
4. Boat length can range from 32ft-70ft, we usually recommend sticking to 60ft max for your first go.
5. Home comforts such as radiator central heating, a TV/DVD player and Wi-Fi can be found on lots of our boats.
6. A full kitchen, including an oven, hob, and grill is onboard, along with all the cutlery and crockery.
7. A lot of boats will have 240v meaning mobile phones can be charged using the regular 3-pin socket. Other boats have a 12v system or USB charger point instead.
8. Bathrooms contain a toilet, shower and sink.
9. The maximum speed limit is 4mph, but it is polite to slow down when cruising past moored boats.
10. Boating is all about slowing down, so remember to take your time, relax and enjoy the experience.
To find out more:
Visit our website: www.waterwaysholidays.com/canal_boat_holidays.htm or call us for friendly advice on 01252 796400.