We now have our 2016 holidays available to book on the Waterways Holidays website and thought we would share 10 great reasons as to why a holiday on the canals is a perfect holiday for families.
- Two-in-one holiday. Canal boats are a great combination of accommodation and transportation. Making a boating holiday the equivalent of a cottage that allows you to wake up in a new location every morning!
- The canal boats we offer may be ‘narrow’ but they can be quite long (max of 70ft) which means there is room for all the family! Boats are fully equipped with all the essential home comforts including a kitchen, dining area, cabins and bathrooms.
- Safety as standard. Buoyancy aids are always provided on arrival, and after receiving your tuition you can navigate confidently.
- Keep the children involved. There is so much that the children can do: map reading, opening and closing the lock gates, spotting wildlife and feeding the ducks, not to mention fun family evenings to enjoy.
- Boating holidays are not only fun for the children, they can also be educational! Discover engineering feats such as a boat lift or tunnel; visit historic sites such as castles, museums and a variety of cities.
- Active days, quiet nights. After a day of taking in the sites in the fresh air, retire to your cosy saloon on-board and sleep safe and sound in a comfy bed each night.
- You can even bring the dog! Lots of our narrowboats welcome pets, and some are even allowed on-board free of charge.
- Wherever you are located, you’re probably no more than 1 or 2 hours from one of Britain’s spectacular canals. There is no need to do a long drive, and there are no early starts to get to a ferry port or airport.
- Home comforts as standard. TV, DVD and radio are always on-board, and some boats are even starting to offer WiFi so you can keep in touch with friends while you travel.
- Quality family time creating precious memories: that’s what a family boating holiday delivers. ‘Working’ together as you progress along the canal, exploring and relaxing together.
We have a number of early booking discounts currently available, saving up to 15% off the cost of a 2016 holiday, even in peak season. Book by 31 December 2015 to qualify.
Waterways Holidays, 01252 796400, www.waterwaysholidays.com