Boating holidays with WiFi are becoming increasingly popular and the trend is set to continue into 2015. We’ll have WiFi on over 30% of our narrowboats and Broads cruisers next year. Here’s some useful information about using WiFi on your next boating break:
- WiFi is normally free of charge, you may be asked to leave a security deposit on arrival
- WiFi is perfect for browsing the web and for looking up local pub & restaurant menus
- If you can’t leave the office behind, WiFi enables you to check your emails more easily
- You’ll be able to use the apps on your tablet that require an internet connection
There are a couple of points worth bearing in mind:
- Limited streaming and downloads apply – you won’t be able to stream movies
- The onboard WiFi uses the mobile networks so signal is dependent on local coverage
To find boats with WiFi on Waterways Holidays, select the WiFi option in the advanced holiday search or look out for the WiFi symbol on the search results page.
Don’t forget, you can also find local WiFi hotspots in many pubs and some marinas. Small charges may apply locally.
Looking for a boat with WiFi? Search live availability below: